Millions of viewers will watch a Bitcoin car battle it out for first place at this year’s Indianapolis 500.
Ed Carpenter Racing (ECR) IndyCar Series team has announced that the upcoming Indianapolis 500, which takes place on May 30th, will feature the Bitcoin Chevrolet No. 21, a black and orange racing car that is thoroughly embellished with the Bitcoin logo , will use. 2021. It will be driven by Rinus VeeKay, Rookie of the Year of the 2020 NTT IndyCar Series.
ECR has also partnered with the Lightning Network payment platform Strike to raise funds for Bitcoin development through the car, which includes a QR code that fans can use to donate money. Of the money raised, 70% goes directly to developers who contribute to Bitcoin projects through groups like the Human Rights Foundation, and the other 30% goes to ECR to support racing coasts and charities in Indianapolis, a strike official told Bitcoin Magazines.
ECR is also the first team in the IndyCar Series to integrate Bitcoin as a payment option for its employees.
“It is an incredible opportunity for Ed Carpenter Racing to start a strategic initiative to support the Bitcoin network as they compete in the world’s largest sporting event,” said Ed Carpenter, an IndySeries driver and owner of ECR, Bitcoin Magazine exclusive . “We’re breaking the sponsorship model and we’re going to redefine ‘hold for life’ as the bitcoin car goes over 230 mph on the route. Playing a small role in the Bitcoin movement and giving the community something to get excited about is bigger than ECR, and we are honored and honored to be able to do so on March 30th.
Bitcoin visuals will also appear on ECR’s other two Indianapolis 500 entries. Carpenter, a native of Indianapolis and one of only 10 drivers in the history of the race to have won at least three pole positions, will drive Sonax USA’s # 20 car. And ECR’s Conor Daly, also from Indianapolis, will drive the US Air Force’s No. 47 Chevrolet.
“Ed’s message is simple: He doesn’t want to run for potato chips or soft drinks at the Indy 500,” said Strike founder Jack Mallers in a press release to Bitcoin Magazine. “This year, Ed is fighting for human freedom, financial literacy and financial inclusivity, using the platform he has earned over the course of his career to spread the most powerful message possible to advance humanity. We are very proud to support his efforts. “
After the Indianapolis 500, ECR and Strike are bringing the Bitcoin Chevrolet to Bitcoin 2021, an event from June 3-5 in Miami that is set to become the largest Bitcoin get-together in history. It will be displayed there as the fundraiser continues, and the specific beneficiaries of the campaign’s Bitcoin development will be announced during the event.
* Bitcoin 2021 is hosted by BTC Inc, the parent company of Bitcoin Magazine.
Comments are closed.