Source: Adobe / James Thew
Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of crypto asset and blockchain news – and investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Great crypto lender Celsius network (CEL) announced a $ 400 million investment led by. known WestCap, a growth stock company, and Quebec Deposit and Placement Fund (CDPQ), a global investment group. The transaction will reflect a valuation of more than USD 3 billion for Celsius, the company said, adding that it intends to use the proceeds from this investment to further expand its offering and products. A portion of the proceeds would also be used to double the team from 486 employees to nearly 1,000 and expand globally through strategic acquisitions. Celsius claims that on October 8, 2021, their total assets exceeded the $ 25 billion threshold and more than 1 million customers were registered on the platform.
- Startup for crypto payments MoonPay is raising its first round of venture capital valued at $ 3.4 billion, including the investment, The Information reported, citing “two people familiar with the matter”. Investment firms Tiger Global Management and Fur management Co-headed $ 400 million funding for the startup, it added.
- Crypto lending platform SmartFi raised $ 10M in the first 2 weeks of its SmartCycle token sale. SmartCycle is an index that represents the release of SmartFi tokens to finance loan demand. the more credit demand, the higher the price of the token, which has increased by 85% since the beginning of the sale until now.
- Digital asset marketplace for institutional investors SheeldMarket has completed a $ 10 million Series A financing round led by Atomic. The project aims to provide institutional investors with a consolidated view of multiple crypto exchanges and over-the-counter services, which should make trading on them easier.
- Yup, a Web 3.0 social platform that rewards curators, said they were in a funding round led by. Raised $ 3.5 million Globally distributed, an early investor in Dapper Labs, Hear and Solana (SOL). The funding will be used to further develop a new Web 3.0 native social media experience and empower curators across the web, the company said.
- Trading platform Derived Funding called it has completed a financing round that raised over 30 venture funds totaling $ 3.3 million. The funds will be used to develop important functions for the platform, such as multichain support.
- Coin base announced Coinbase NFT, a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace. The initial rollout will support the Ethereum-based ERC-721 and ERC-1155 standards, with multi-chain support planned soon after, the company said, adding that the waiting list is now open to potential users. “We’re making NFTs more accessible by developing user-friendly interfaces that bring complexity behind the scenes. We’re adding social features that open new avenues for conversation and discovery. And we’re going to grow the creator community exponentially, attracting artists and fans, “Coinbase said.
- NFT unicorn So rare is being investigated by Great Britain Gambling Commission, according to consumer information issued by the watchdog. They warned that the NFT platform’s business “is outside of the gambling regulations that a licensed operator should comply with” and that consumers are advised to take this into account when deciding whether to use the platform.
- Ethereum (ETH) -focused blockchain company ConsenSys has taken over the Treum Team and their NFT platform from Mesh fabric, a Web3 incubator, for an undisclosed amount. This acquisition will allow ConsenSys to expand its NFT technology offering to developers, brands, rightsholders, game publishers, sports teams and leagues, the company said, adding that ConsenSys NFT technology users will appreciate their integration with products such as MetaMask and Infura.
- Crypto platform Blockchain.com started margin trading on his exchange. Once launched, users in 150+ countries will have access to a margin of up to 5x leverage on the BTC-USD trading pair, the press release said.
- 2B4CH, a non-profit Swiss think tank, has announced that it is launching a federal popular initiative and collecting 100,000 signatures for the introduction of Bitcoin (BTC) into the list of assets of the Swiss central bank. While they are “not overly optimistic” about the actual law passed, they added that their goal is to open a public discussion and debate.
- Freddy Borges, director of the Maiquetía International Airport in the Venezuelan capital, announced that they are working to bring crypto payment methods to their users, including Bitcoin (BTC), DASH, Venezuela’s oil-linked petro, and other digital currencies for buying tickets and other services, according to El Siglo. Borges pointed out that the use of cryptocurrencies by the National supervisory authority for cryptocurrencies and related activities (Sunacrip).
- US music distribution UnitedMasters will allow artists to get paid in cryptocurrencies from the Coinbase crypto exchange, Bloomberg reported. Musicians who distribute music through UnitedMasters can choose how much of their license fees to receive in cryptocurrency and which coin to use.
- Bitcoin mining company CleanSpark announced the purchase of 4,500 units of the Antminer S19 mining machine. The company estimates that its BTC mining capacity will increase by a processing power of 450 PH / s, which is nearly 45% of its current capacity after the purchased machines are fully operational.
- US-based Bitcoin miner Bit digital said it had signed agreements with Bitmain 10,000 BTC mining hardware to buy. The announced purchases are expected to increase the hash rate of Bit Digital’s miner fleet by over 1.0 exahash, the company said without giving any further details on the deal.
- Sam Bankman-Fried’s quant trading firm Alameda research appointed seasoned associates Caroline Ellison and Sam Trabucco as co-CEOs, the company announced today. As co-CEOs, Ms. Ellison and Mr. Trabucco will jointly oversee all operations at Alameda while working together on executing the company’s strategy, it added.
- Investment firm a16z crypto has added two technology security experts to its operations team. Nassim Eddequiouaq will serve as Chief Information Security Officer of a16z Crypto, while Riyaz Faizullabhoy will serve as Chief Technology Officer.
- Financial blockchain platform forehead announced the addition of two new board members from their community, Jai Ramaswamy and Morgan Beller. As Chief Risk and Compliance Officer for cLabs since 2019, while Beller joined the Celo community as a consultant to Celo in February 2021.
(Updated at 17:28 UTC with an announcement regarding Coinbase NFT.)