Source: iStock / seraficus
Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of crypto asset and blockchain news – and investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- As of Monday, 4,000 German special funds will be allowed to invest up to 20% of their portfolio in crypto assets. These special funds, which are only available to institutional investors, manage assets of around 1.8 trillion euros (2.1 trillion US dollars). Deutsche Bank AG’s asset manager DWS Group is monitoring developments, but is currently not planning to offer any funds that buy crypto, a spokeswoman told Bloomberg. Meanwhile, DekaBank, one of the country’s largest asset managers, has been considering investing in crypto but has not yet made a decision, the report said.
- GoldenTree, the New York-based $ 45 billion asset manager, has included Bitcoin (BTC) on its balance sheet as a diversifier for the broad mix of debt-oriented strategies it has pursued for years, TheStreet reported, citing two undisclosed sources with knowledge of the matter.
- US-based automated investment service Wealthfront said it added Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) and Grayscale Ethereum Trust (ETHE) to its “investment menu.” “We limit your allocation to GBTC and ETHE because as trustees we act in your best interests at all times and these investments can be riskier and more volatile than most others [exchanged-traded funds]“They added.
- US business intelligence firm MicroStrategy will continue to invest in its Digital Asset Strategy as its recent funding allowed the company to increase its digital holdings to more than 105,000 BTC ($ 4.1 billion), said the company’s CEO in his earnings announcement for the second quarter.
- AlchemyNFT, a platform that enables new non-fungible token (NFT) utilities, announced that it will use 6 million of the funds to build the company’s Remix NFT platform, they said.
- Crypto wealth platform Vauld announced that it has raised $ 25 million in a Series A funding round led by investment firm Valar Ventures. The funds will be used to support the company’s international growth and licensing, as well as expanding its retail crypto banking and investment platform, they said.
- Video game and Ethereum (ETH) Web3 wallet and platform company Horizon Blockchain Games announced that it raised $ 4.5 million from strategic gaming and blockchain investors in a SAFE round ahead of Series A. These include BITKRAFT Ventures, CMT Digital, The Xchange Company, Khaled Verjee and Zyshan Kaba. Horizon will launch its wallet and developer platform Sequence and the digital trading card game Skyweaver in 2021.
- India’s anti-money laundering agency is looking into whether Binance Holdings Ltd. played a role in an ongoing investigation into betting apps, Bloomberg reported. India examines Chinese operators’ betting apps that have sold more than INR 10 billion ($ 134.5 million) in the past 10 months.
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has tabled a resolution authorizing the city to investigate the possibility of accepting donations from a new cryptocurrency project that the Miami Herald says will help cities like this one. The CityCoin initiative aims to raise funds for municipalities by generating a demand for city-specific digital tokens that will be handed over to the city as cash.
Comments are closed.