Ripple Labs, founder of the blockchain-based payment solution XRP, wants to take part in the NFT campaign. And it’s providing a $ 250 million creator fund to make that happen.
The company launched the new NFT-focused fund in an announcement on Wednesday at Apex, the XRP Ledger (XRPL) Developer Summit.
Its goal is to provide targeted support to creators, brands and marketplaces to explore new use cases for NFTs on the XRPL blockchain and to “leverage their innate benefits of speed, cost and sustainability”.
🎤 We’re incredibly excited to launch our $ 250 million Creator Fund to enable creators to explore new use cases for #NFTs on the #XRPLedger and engage more deeply with the communities they care about. https://t.co/FJTsGET81C
– Ripple (@Ripple) September 29, 2021
Undoubtedly, Ripple recognizes the great opportunity in NFTs while on the verge of the boom in the Ethereum and Solana ecosystems, and believes that “the future will be tokenized”. And it is said that non-fungible tokens are an important part of that vision.
People like Tom Brady, Doja Cat, Snoop Dogg, and almost all major sports codes would agree with that.
It’s a vision that, according to the influential crypto company, is “quickly becoming a reality”. “In fact, the World Economic Forum predicts that 10% of global GDP will be tokenized by 2027,” the Ripple statement said.
Ripple also announced that it has partnered with creative agency VSA Partners and NFT platforms like mintNFT and Mintable to get the ball rolling in its new ecosystem and marketplace.
Also on the news: Free DC NFTs; FOMO rally; BTC volcano mining
• Fancy free NFTs? Dc comics May give away millions of Ethereum-based non-fungible tokens in partnership with Palm NFT Studio.
• Bobby Lee, Brother of Litecoin founder Charlie and former CEO of the BTCC exchange, told Bloomberg that he expected a huge “FOMO rally” before the end of the year.
• The first Crypto funds was officially approved in Switzerland. The Crypto Market Index Fund tracks the performance of 10 top crypto investments.
• Payment Fintech Confirm says it plans to allow customers to buy and sell crypto and will be revealed this week as part of its investor forum. One after the other…
• The saviour is making progress with his plan to mine Bitcoin with the geothermal power of its volcanoes and is taking his “first steps” according to President Nayib Bukele.
Bit # Bitcoin🇸🇻 pic.twitter.com/duhHvmEnym
– Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) September 28, 2021
Get the latest Stockhead news delivered to your inbox for free.
It’s free. Sign out whenever you want.
This might interest you