Short-term price analysis:
Overall market capitalization behavior
After moving rapidly down and up, the market has been trending sideways for almost a week. But this sideways trend seems to be sloping south as total market capitalization depreciates daily.
On a note, the following total market cap figures are from Tradingview and are approximately $ 8 billion different from the CMC data.
Total market cap fell to our forecast zone of $ 162 billion – it dropped to that level on December 18, before bouncing back (data from Tradingview). On the upswing, the market touched the $ 195 billion zone and fell to another low of $ 191 billion before slowly losing ground to the current $ 185 billion.
Right now, it’s an inch below a key support level of $ 187 billion. This is a critical figure – if we lose the battle for it, there is another drift to the $ 160 billion at stake.
You could call the drop to $ 162-163 billion a double bottom and explain a trend reversal, but I’m still not confident we’re clear and safe from bears. A surge of over $ 205 billion (data from TView) would be definitive confirmation that we are starting an uptrend.
I would argue that the total market capitalization chart is the most important one to look out for as it is a leading force and directional guide for all coins, including bitcoin.
As you can see below, the Fear & Greed Index is deep in the zone of extreme fear, although it has moved up a little since it was below 20 the last time we did our analysis. There is still a very good chance that we will actually lose another $ 25 billion in value before we can speak of an actual reversal.
Stellar Price Analysis – XLM / USD
As we already commented in our analysis 10 days ago, XLM has completely fallen silent. The project struggles to generate attention or some kind of breakthrough in terms of technology or acceptance. All of this is reflected in the XLM price, which is slowly but surely moving towards all-time lows.
Below is our comment from the beginning of December 20 days ago, which is still relevant and reads as follows:
“It’s been very quiet around XLM lately, since their relatively unsuccessful price hike that burned 50 billion tokens and moved the price by less than 25%.
Stellar appears to be going to its support at $ 0.053, which is the first. If we see more bloodshed, XLM could hit the local low of $ 0.051. “
As you can see on the chart below, this decline occurred and XLM sank even lower to the current $ 0.045, which is a long unseen low for Stellar. The price appears to have bottomed in this zone, but the overall market will determine the fate of XLM. A huge drop down to $ 0.012 is a distant possibility.
Star in the news
Below is a summary of the top Stellar news over the past month:
- Coincheck announced that it will list Stellar Lumens (XLM) as of November 12, 2019. The exchange was the first to list XLM in Japan.
- While answering questions about his AMA, Charles Hoskinson, CEO of Cardano, brought up Stellar’s most recent burn at the Stellar Development Foundation [SDF] burned about 55 billion XLM. Hoskinson explained why he believes Stellar made a mistake with this. He thinks Stellar has permanently lost all of the value that could have been spent on protocol development for community development.
Below is the long term price prediction for Stellar Lumens.
2018 was a tough year for the crypto world. The market is slowly recovering and expectations for 2019 and 2020 are high. Today the Stellar price forecast is under the microscope. Will Stellar Lumens be one of the 2019 winners?
Stellar (XLM) Facts and Background
In order to be able to provide an informed Stellar price prediction, it is important to include several factors. These include
- How far has the project progressed and what benefits does the end product or platform offer the customer?
- Number of users and transactions. Growth is closely related to trading volume.
- Price development in the past year and current trend.
- Have there been new features, updates or partnerships?
Stellar is an open source and decentralized blockchain platform with the native currency Stellar Lumens (XLM). It’s essentially a global payments platform backed by Stellar Lumens as a digital asset. The great advantage of this platform is that the user can make fast, secure and extremely inexpensive payments between a very large number of currency pairs. In this regard, Stellar is convincing, it offers the customer a real benefit.
Stellar was able to win many new customers in 2018 despite the generally unfavorable market development. As the descriptive infographics from Stellar Expert show, the number of registered accounts was around 244,000 in January 2018. Within just under 2 years, i.e. at the turn of the year 2019/2020, there were slightly more than 4 million accounts. This means that the number of customers has increased more than tenfold, and the trend is still increasing. In general, everything at Stellar seems to be focused on expansion and growth. The company currently has many new jobs to offer. Most positions are to be filled in the engineering sector.
Stellar is growing strongly
2018 and 2019 were full of events for Stellar. XLM started the year at around $ 0.39 and peaked at $ 0.89 a few days later. However, this peak was short-lived and the price slowly fell again by March. On March 8, 2018, Stellar announced a new partnership with Keybase. This led to a brief upturn in April. The next few months were quieter for Stellar. The company hit the headlines again in July. Stellar XLM was the first blockchain product in the world to be recognized by Sharia law. During the year, Stellar announced several more partnerships. Probably the most important cooperation was with IBM’s blockchain World Wire. IBM has many strong partners and an extensive network from which Stellar can also benefit.
The partnerships have helped the XLM hold its own against strong competitors such as Ripple’s XRP and keep evolving. Stellar has a few other advantages, however. For example, Stellar’s smart contracts are better and more secure. This is where the company learned from Ethereum’s mistakes. The Stellar Smart Contract is much more robust, efficient and practically immune to manipulation.
Star forecast 2019: that’s what the experts say
The above points convey an overall positive sentiment for the Stellar forecast for 2019. Different platforms and algorithms say the following:
- Monetize.info: The platform bases its forecast in particular on the influence of partnerships. They are known to expand the customer base, which will increase the volume of transactions. As a result, this leads to more growth and an increase in share prices. On this basis, Monetize predicts a price increase to between US $ 2 and 3.
- Investing Haven: The increase should be even stronger. Analysts forecast an increase to $ 4 by the end of 2019.
- The Oofy: Stellar Lumen is calculated not to exceed $ 0.3 by the end of 2019. They expect the cryptocurrency to close the year at $ 0.28.
Stellar price prediction 2020 to 2025
Long-term forecasting is always difficult. Especially in a market as volatile as this. Although Stellar has held up well so far and is still in the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, the price fluctuates sharply again and again. Some cautious estimates are based on the following developments:
- Atomic Wallet: Here too, people believe in the influence of partnerships on price development. Stellar has important partnerships with SatoshiPay, HashCash, Mobius and many banks. Therefore, according to Atomic Wallet, Stellar Lumens could easily increase to $ 0.60 by 2020.
- Economic forecast agency: The Stellar forecast is heavily based on mathematical and statistical calculations based on historical price trends. They come to a similar conclusion and predict a price increase of up to US $ 0.64 in 2020.
- TheOofy: The site’s analysts base their predictions on Stellar’s past growth rate. As a result, Stellar should see positive price development. The price could then be $ 1.20 by November 2025.
In general, the Stellar forecast looks very positive. Because the platform meets all the requirements to be successful. They weathered last year’s bear market comparatively well and suffered fewer losses.
It remains to be seen how well they will ultimately prevail in the years to come and how the currently emerging bull market will affect Stellar. At the current Stellar (XLM) price.